Holiday Inn, not just Hotels Anymore
Although Holiday Inn Club Vacations is a newcomer to the timeshare marketplace, the companies on which it is built are legendary cornerstones of the hospitality industry.
InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG, the parent company of Holiday Inn hotels) is the provider of more hotel rooms, in more locations than any other hotelier in the world. In 2008, IHG timeshare expanded its extensive network of travel and vacation services by launching its new timeshare brand, Holiday Inn Club Vacations.
Today, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Holiday Inn Club Vacations is the thriving outcome of a creative licensing and marketing alliance between the Orlando, Florida-based timeshare company, Orange Lake Resorts, and the hospitality giant, InterContinental Hotel Group.
Holiday Inn Club Vacations: Built on an American Icon
For generations, families planned their summer getaways around Holiday Inn hotels. To post-World War II couples and families hitting the road to tour Route 66 and “See the U.S.A. in their Chevrolet,” the company represented a brand they trusted for consistently safe, clean, and appealing accommodations.
The development of Holiday Inn vacation ownership takes the traditions of family travel to the next level of great vacations. The company offers a points-based timeshare ownership program, which provides owners of HICV timeshares several different ways to enjoy its timeshare network as well as over 4,500 IHG timeshare branded hotels and resorts worldwide.
Where Will You Find Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resorts?
Continually expanding its list of timeshare properties, HICV is committed to offering its member/owners vacation resorts at all the most popular destinations, steadily growing its resort list in ways that are strategic and fiscally responsible. Currently you’ll find Holiday Inn timeshares in the following high-demand vacation spots:
1) Near Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida
2) Waterfront, on a canal less than two miles from Gulf of Mexico beaches in Marco Island, Florida
3) At a golfers paradise in Panama City Beach, Florida
4) Beachfront in Panama City Beach, Florida
5) At the edge of Great Smoky Mountain National Park, in Gatlinburg, Tennessee
6) A two-minute walk from the beach in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
7) At a year-round woodland retreat in the mountains near Brownsville, Vermont
8) In the rolling hills of Wisconsin at Lake Geneva
9) Less than a block from The Strip in Las Vegas
10) Beachside at Galveston, Texas
Timeshare Points, Deeded Ownership, and other Options in Holiday Inn Timeshare
Holiday Inn timeshare ownership means your timeshare has an assigned value that functions like timeshare points.
Owners who purchase their timeshares at full price have the ability to exchange their points for vacations at any available Holiday Inn Club resort or for vacations at Club Partner properties. An additional benefit of their full price purchase is an automatic upgrade to Gold Elite status in the IHG Rewards Club, which is the loyalty program of the company’s hotel properties. Timeshare owners also have exchange access to resort properties that are affiliated with Resort Condominiums International timeshare exchange (RCI).
Resale buyers save thousands (and thousands!) of dollars on their purchase, but they should be aware that not all HICV timeshare points transfer in the same way when sold as value-priced timeshare resales. Many properties retain their full points benefits when transferred from the current owner to the new buyer but others revert to a fixed or floating deeded week.
With deeded ownership, the resale buyer has full access to the resort interval and all its wonderful amenities, but may have limited access to internal exchange or points exchange within the Holiday Inn loyalty program. However—and this is very important to recognize—resale buyers have excellent options for enhancing their ownership while still benefiting from the savings of buying timeshares as a resale product.
1) Resale owners can regain full membership benefits for their resale points by purchasing a limited number of additional points directly from HICV.
2) Resale owners can join RCI through a paid membership and enjoy external timeshare exchange.
3) Membership in the company’s loyalty program is free, and anyone (regardless of whether he or she owns a timeshare), has the right to join.
When you understand your options, it is easy to see that buying Holiday Inn Club Vacations as reduced-priced timeshare resales is a smart way to enjoy all that this new timeshare company with its iconic history has to offer.
Ready to learn more about?
Great! You’ve come to the right place. Our timeshare team at BuyaTimeshare.com knows how to help you find the vacation you want at the price you want to pay.