The largest island of Spain’s Canary Islands is Tenerife. Although the area is small, (less than 800 square miles in size) it is home to numerous Tenerife timeshares, which are some of the most popular vacation ownership resorts in Spain.
What Makes Tenerife So Special?
An ancient volcano formed the geographically unique island of Tenerife. The results are dramatic, craggy mountains that in places run straight into the sea.
Along Tenerife’s northern coasts you’ll find beaches of volcanic blackened sand pebbles, while on the south and southwest coasts of the island, the beaches are typically fine-grain, tan to white sand. Described as the “Land of Eternal Spring,” idyllic Tenerife rarely sees temperatures outside the range of 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (16-27C) in any season of the year.
Whether you are drawn to Tenerife timeshares for the island’s stark beauty and always pleasant weather, its relaxing beaches, or its vibrant, contemporary nightlife in the capital city, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, once you visit you’ll be captivated by its appeal. You’ll also be oh-so-very-pleased that your Tenerife timeshare ownership makes it easy for you to return, again and again.
Getting to Tenerife Timeshares
Currently, you cannot fly nonstop to any of the Canary Islands from the U.S., although several European air carriers offer direct flights. Many Americans who own Tenerife timeshares vacation there by traveling first to Madrid, and then picking up a connecting flight. Small turboprop plane transportation is also available from the Spanish mainland to the islands.
Another interesting way to reach the island is by ferry, offering you travel from Seville and Cádiz to the Canary Islands. Worth exploring as one of life’s interesting adventures, ferry transport is slow, taking more than a day, and while comfortable, would not be considered luxury travel. Once you arrive at Tenerife, inter-island travel within the Canaries is available with most boat trips taking approximately two hours.
Your Canary Island Vacation Checklist
When you vacation in Tenerife, you’ll have so many options for entertainment and fun, you might want to make a list. Here’s a few of the top activities and attractions to help you get started:
- Catamaran tours for dolphin watching and whale watching excursions.
- The annual Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife is second only to Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro in its size, scope, and show-stopping glitz and drama.
- Hike Mt. Teide, at over 12,000 feet it is the tallest mountain in Spain.
- Explore the charming town of Garachico, dramatically changed forever by hot lava when Mt. Teide erupted in 1706. The tiny Castillo San Miguel, built in the 1500s, is one of the few structures that survived the volcanic eruption.
- Visit Los Cristianos and Playa de las Américas, on the island’s southwest shore. Many Tenerife timeshares and hotels are located in this popular tourist spot along the beaches. Nightlife abounds here, attracting millions of vacationing Europeans each year.
- Try kitesurfing, golf, or the Siam WaterPark, complete with a “shark” tank. Tenerife is home to eight golf courses including the Campo Golf del Sur, Golf Abama, and the Golf Costa Adeje.
Buying, Selling, or Renting Tenerife Timeshare
Whether you are ready to buy or ready to sell timeshare in Tenerife, BuyaTimeshare.com has the resources and experience to make it easier and answer all your questions.