Sell My Timeshare Now? Yes You Can!
In today’s timeshare marketplace, it sometimes feels as if every owner is asking, “How can I sell my timeshare now, before my annual maintenance fee rolls around again?”
In fact, surveys conducted on behalf of the American Resort Development Association show an 83 percent satisfaction level among timeshare owners. Couples and families who buy timeshare generally love their vacation ownership, so much so that many owners own multiple timeshares, often at a range of very different resorts. There are, however, logical reasons why the present resale marketplace is extremely active.
Timeshare Resale Strategies: The Missing Component
For years, the timeshare industry has been in the business of building amazing vacation resorts, offering spacious accommodations, amenities, luxury, and the convenience of easy travel planning. The formula for great vacations was almost perfect. …Almost.
Developers, who were focused on selling timeshares, neglected to consider how owners would one day get out of their ownership. The flaw in their business model was so significant that many owners, once happy, loyal fans of timeshare, became disgruntled when they needed to sell their timeshare and ran head-on into what for many years was a frustrating absence of an exit strategy.
Why Are There Currently So Many Owners Saying, Sell My Timeshare Now?
In recent years, the need for an effective, trustworthy timeshare resale market has become glaringly evident, exacerbated by a wave of aging timeshare owners. The problem is one of simple math: shared ownership got its start in the United States in the 1960s, with the development of Hawaii timeshares. However, the mass appeal of vacation ownership really didn’t come into its own until the 1980s. As branded hospitality providers began building timeshares and vacation clubs, consumer awareness and confidence grew quickly and the timeshare boom was underway. The family timeshare provided a much loved vacation spot, shared generationally for decades.
Unsurprisingly, the day comes when those happy owners stop traveling—and here’s where the math comes in. Owners who jumped on the vacation ownership bandwagon in the mid-1980s, were probably well into their thirties, and more likely in their forties or fifties at the time. Booming sales in one generation inevitably means that one day, there will be a disproportionate number of aging owners who no longer use their timeshares.
No longer traveling, these older owners are weary of paying maintenance fees on vacation ownership they don’t use. Their mantra quickly becomes, “Somebody please help me sell my timeshare now and get out of this commitment!”
Add to this group, the recent tight economy and the natural ebb and flow of ownership resulting from families relocating, monetary ups and downs, divorce, and other life changes, and you see why the market currently is dealing with a surge of owners who want and need out of their ownership commitments.
Online Timeshare Resales: The Solution Owners Need
The advent of widespread internet use and the emergence of reliable online advertising and marketing companies such as BuyaTimeshare.com, has opened the door for owners saying, “I am ready to sell my timeshare.” Now, these owns can turn confidently to an online resale company for help.
Facts for Online Timeshare Resale Buyers
- Timeshare resales typically represent lifestyle changes, not dissatisfaction with the product.
- When you find a deal you love, act on it! Good deals tend to move quickly.
- Negotiate, but be realistic. Forget what you’ve heard about the $1 timeshare resale. That is a myth propagated by companies who try to convince owners to pay that company for taking over their deeded timeshare or vacation ownership points.
- Choose a resale company with a large inventory, high web visibility in online search results, and years of experience.
Facts for Online Timeshare Resale Sellers
- Unless you have a friend or family member who wants to buy your timeshare, finding a buyer without the help of an established internet advertising and marketing company is difficult.
- If you choose a resales company, look for one that specializes in analyzing both internet algorithms and consumer buying preferences and patterns. This will keep the timeshare you advertise highly visible to prospective buyers searching online for vacation ownership and resort rentals.
- Remember that there is almost always a buyer who will fall in love with your timeshare for the same reason you did, even if you own at a smaller, older, or lower demand property. High demand resorts generally move fastest, so be patient if you own something a little further off the beaten path.
- Consider using your unit, points, or interval as a vacation resort rental to help offset the cost of ownership.
- And of course, remember that owners who aggressively discount their asking price almost always sell their timeshares quickest.
At BuyaTimeshare.com, one of our many important roles is bringing together satisfied timeshare sellers with happy timeshare resale buyers. If you have timeshare you no longer use, you can stop wondering, “How will I sell my timeshare?” Now you can move forward confidently, knowing you have found BuyaTimeshare.com, and we are here to help you get your timeshare sold!